In 1999, Galaxy Granite Inc., of San Francisco, CA, began its stone fabrication business to meet the needs of residential and business customers who value high-quality stone craftsmanship. Today, the company operates out of a 20,000-square-foot facility.
Owner Meng Peng, who also owns a carpet business, started his stone fabrication enterprise as a one-man shop and has grown it to include 23 employees, including an installation crew. The company also has a 15,000-square-foot space for its carpet displays as well as a 60,000-square-foot warehouse where it stocks more than 100 containers of material.
Using the latest in fabrication equipment, Galaxy Granite’s skilled workers complete their custom stone projects with the assistance of two CMS/Brembana Maxima CNC stoneworking centers equipped with the Terminator Zoom brand of polishing wheels from Continental DIA Diamond Products of San Carlos, CA, a Montresor Lara straight edge polisher serviced by Salem Stone of Winston-Salem, NC, and the manufacturer's own vacuum pods.
Approximately 70% of the company's fabrication and installation business is custom residential work, while the other 30% is commercial. Peng still performs all of the templating himself. Moreover, the company also completes outside fabrication for contractors.
Galaxy Granite on average produces three kitchens a day and prides itself on its speed and efficiency. Bigger projects have a three-day turnaround, but an emergency project can be turned around in one day.
A total of 70% of the company's work is in natural stone, while the use of engineered stone is on the rise. The company's market includes San Diego, Arizona and Nevada as well as the San Francisco Bay area. It is certified by CaesarStone, and imports its own engineered stone, which is trademarked. Additionally, Galaxy Granite brings in pre-fabricated slabs.
Galaxy Granite also carries various lines of sinks, including Blanco, Dawn and Kohler.